top of page

Daylight Saving

In the morning, LORD, You hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectation. – Psalm 5:3

Unless you live in Arizona or Hawaii, last weekend you lost an hour of sleep due to Daylight Saving. Surveys show that only 33% of Americans think changing our clocks twice a year is a good idea. That leaves 67% of us dragging on Sunday morning, complaining about the time change.

People deal with change differently. Some of us are accustomed to it because we’ve never had “normal” work hours. If you or your spouse work in healthcare, the airline industry, or the military, you know working nights, weekends, and holidays, is expected. Hospitals never close, red eye flights take off every day, and boot camp certainly isn’t 9am-5pm.

No matter your work schedule or where you wake up each day, God promises His compassion and love are there for you every morning.

Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. – Lamentations 3:22-23

Thankfully no matter how tired and groggy we are in the morning, God is wide awake and faithful to meet us. It’s the best way to begin. There is something divinely special when we rise in the morning and spend our first moments with God. Ask women who have made this spiritual practice a habit and they’ll tell you if they miss their Time with God (TWG), the rest of their day is negatively impacted.

When we get up in the morning and find a quiet spot to read God’s word, share our hopes and dreams with Him, pray for the people we love, and listen for the Holy Spirit’s thoughts and prompts, we seize the day.

David modeled this in Psalm 5. He met with God in the morning, prayed believing God heard his voice, presented his requests to the LORD, then waited in expectation for God to show up and save him from the day’s turmoil. That’s it!


  • Show up in the morning and God shows up.

  • Look up and God hears your prayers.

Today there will be turmoil, so let’s start it with God’s presence around us and His power ignited within us. Why? Because we’re going to need God to show up and save the day.

Also, when we intentionally spend the first part of our day with God, we’re confirming He’s first in our life. When we put God first in our time, He’s bound to show up, time and time again.

Putting our priorities in place prior to problems

is a power play before we start our day.

This week, instead of complaining about the time change, let’s embrace it and create a “new normal”, a powerful spiritual habit. Set your morning alarm to go off 15 minutes earlier. Let this new Wake Up Call be your Daylight Saving Time with God. Show up and look up, then lean in to listen to the great plans He has for you today. With His power alive in you, together you can tackle turmoil and seize the day.

Later, when you receive your 3:00pm Wake Up Call, let it be a reminder that you’ve been walking with God all day. This too, is a powerful spiritual habit, one that ignites your faith and changes your world.

The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World!

Thank You for being a part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Call Movement

#faith #hope #prayer #gratitude

13 views0 comments
bottom of page